Portsmouth Chamber Music - Ensemble 360
Venue Details: Third Floor Arts Centre
- Poulenc : Elegie from Sonata for oboe & piano
- Debussy : Syrinx for flute
- Faure : Three Songs arr. for double bass & piano
- Stravinsky : Suite Italienne: Introduction, Minuet & Finale
- Poulenc : Elegie for horn & piano
- Faure : Fantaisie for flute & piano
- Grandval : Romance & Gavotte for oboe, cello & piano
- Rossini : Duetto for cello & double bass
- Ravel : Pavane pour une infante defunte arr. Birtel
- Faure : Elegie in C minor
- Debussy : Prelude a l'apres-midi d'un faune
- Soloist: Ensemble 360
The Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra is delighted to be working in partnership with the University of Portsmouth and Music in the Round for the 2012/2013 Portsmouth Chamber Music series.
Ensemble 360 - In a Paris Salon
Princesse de Polignac requests the pleasure of your company...
The Paris Salon was a centre of hedonistic social and artistic life and none was finer than the one run by Winnaretta Singer, heiress to the Singer sewing machine fortune and a grand patron of the arts. Yet this formidable and enigmatic woman, who was a talented musician and artist, did not merely host performances for entertainment and kudos. Her energies transformed the salon into a crucial creative force that became the birthplace of pioneering music by Fauré, Debussy and many others.
We are delighted to welcome actress Maggie Steed who will, in the guise of Winnaretta, introduce this exclusive world inhabited by Proust, Diaghilev, Isadora Duncan, Jean Cocteau, Virginia Woolf, Colette and many others.
Tickets are available for purchase on the night at the Third Floor Arts Centre or book/reserve now by calling 023 9284 3023