BSO Resonate Strings
BSO Resonate Strings is a group of five musicians, each of whom represents one of the five string sections of the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra. Music for BSO Resonate Strings concerts is drawn from the rich and varied string orchestra and string ensemble repertoire.
The aims of BSO Resonate Strings are to inspire pupils, to enable them to experience the thrill of live music performed by professional musicians in their own environment and to provide them with a quality musical experience.
Workshops offer the opportunity for pupils to develop the following Key Skills:
- Communication (through discussing and sharing ideas)
- Application of numbers (through exploring rhythmic relationships, pattern, order and sequence)
- Working with others (through recognising and supporting the different contributions of others in ensemble work)
- Improving self-learning and performance (through appraising their own work)
- Problem solving (through achieving intentions when composing and presenting performances)
What We Can Offer
Our concert programmes and workshops provide entertaining and informative musical experiences for all children from Key Stages 1 & 2. The object of each session is to inspire and enthuse!
- Strings On Tour: Join the crew of BSO Resonate Strings on our musical quest to explore the rich variety of music from different countries, swept along by a fair wind of sea songs and shanties.
- Strings Travel Through Time: Become a member of the Time Travelling Tardis Team as we embark upon our intrepid journey through space and time! Experience the fascinating development of music from the time of Henry VIII through to the present day and gain a practical insight into the roles and characteristics of the different sized string instruments.
- Composition including the use of graphic notation
- Based on songs
- Wider Opportunities string groups including improvisation and coaching
- Strings on Tour: As above, but adapted for older students
- Strings Travel Through Time: As above, but adapted for older students
- Composition: Based on Philip Glass, Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet or on a piece of music from the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra's repertoire
- Improvisation: All Blues, I've Got Rhythm or based on a piece of music from the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra's repertoire
- Electrics: Soundbeams, QY70 or Drone Machine
“…the concerts were a huge success with the whole school; many pupils have said how much they enjoyed them, and it is evident how much they have learnt and also remember!” Teacher, Haymoor Middle School
For more information, please contact Linda Higson on 01202 644707 or firstname.lastname@example.org